Improve skills and achieve goals.
Bespoke training programmes tailored to your specific requirements that are challenging, rewarding and enjoyable.
Your programme will include
- structured, realistic goal setting
- postural assessment
- breathing assessment
- range of motion and fitness testing as appropriate
- a bespoke goal-specific aerobic and resistance training programme
- basic nutritional advice
- performance-specific training programmes
Chi Running Personal Training
Chi Running improves your running efficiency and reduces risk of injury by focusing on postural alignment, relaxation and balance. Combining various principles of T’ai Chi, you’ll learn how to develop the skill of running and create a life-long enjoyable programme for fitness, health and general well-being.
Your programme will include
- video observation (outdoors)
- postural alignment, relaxation and balance
- how to create efficient forward momentum progressing from walking to running
- how to avoid heavy heel-strike and over-striding
- the importance of the upper body and arm swing
- mind-body connection and whole body integration
- optimal cadence (strides per minute)
- increased speed through ‘free’ energy and relaxation
- pre-run body looseners and dynamic warm up
- post run stretches
- a mindful approach to enjoyable running
Oxygen Advantage Breathing Programme
The Oxygen Advantage Breathing Programme has been developed by Patrick McKeown who has worked as a Buteyko breathing practitioner for over 15 years. The technique highlights the fact that learning to breathe through the nose and reducing, rather than increasing the amount of breath you take can have a positive effect on so many areas of your life.
This programme is also suited to 1-2-1 Visual PT sessions.
The programme can
- delay the onset of fatigue and lactic acid
- improve aerobic performance
- improve VO2 max (maximal oxygen uptake)
- Improve delivery of oxygen to organs and working muscles
- reduce breathlessness during physical exercise
- help prevent exercise induced asthma
- help maintain fitness during rest or injury
- help maintain focus and concentration
Race training & monthly programmes
If you are training for a specific event or simply want a regular monthly programme to improve form and fitness, I design programmes that integrate Chi Running focusses into sessions including long slow distance, race pace, intervals, hills, fartlek (speed play), negative splits and recovery. The emphasis throughout is on technique and gradual process – developing form then distance and finally speed. Ensuring you are physically, mentally and emotionally prepared.
Sessions are arranged outdoors or in the studio/gym. Studio-base training sessions are held at Premier Fitness Club, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP (no gym membership required).
- Fully-qualified REPs Level 4 specialist personal trainer
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Master Chi Running and Chi Walking Instructor
- Oxygen Advantage Instructor
- Master Kettlebell Instructor
- Premier Certificate in ViPR Training
- Nutritional adviser
- First aider
- Fully insured
1-2-1 sessions starting from £42.50 per 1 hour session
Small Group Training
Train with friends to keep you motivated and achieve your goals
30-minute sessions delivered via Skype or FaceTime
Premier Fitness Centre
London N4 3JP
Call: 07515 385593