Small Group Training sessions (max 4) will help you to improve skill and achieve goals. You’ll get a bespoke training programme tailored to your specific requirements that is challenging, rewarding and enjoyable.
Your programme will include:
- structured, realistic goal setting
- static and dynamic posture assessment. range of motion tests and fitness testing as appropriate
- a bespoke goal-specific aerobic and resistance training programme
- performance-specific training programmes for runners if required
- Fully-qualified REPs Level 4 specialist personal trainer
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Master Chi Running and Chi Walking Instructor
- Oxygen Advantage Instructor* (final certification pending)
- Master Kettlebell Instructor
- Premier Certificate in ViPR Training
- Nutritional adviser
- First aider
- Fully insured
Chi Running Small Group Training
Chi Running improves your running efficiency and reduces risk of injury by focusing on postural alignment, relaxation and balance. Combining various principles of T’ai Chi, you’ll learn how to develop the skill of running and create a life-long enjoyable programme for fitness, health and general well-being.
Sessions will be geared to your specific needs.
- video observation (outdoors)
- postural alignment, relaxation and balance
- how to create efficient forward momentum progressing from walking to running
- how to avoid heavy heel-strike and over-striding
- the importance of the upper body and arm swing
- mind-body connection and whole body integration
- optimal cadence (strides per minute)
- increased speed through ‘free’ energy and relaxation
- pre-run body looseners and dynamic warm up
- post run stretches
- a mindful approach to enjoyable running
*Subject to the number of sessions booked
Race training & monthly programmes
If you are training for a specific event or simply want a regular monthly programme to improve form and fitness, I design programmes that integrate Chi Running focusses into sessions including long slow distance, race pace, intervals, hills, fartlek (speed play), negative splits and recovery. The emphasis throughout is on technique and gradual process – developing form then distance and finally speed. Ensuring you are physically, mentally and emotionally prepared.
Sessions are arranged outdoors or in the studio/gym. Studio-base training sessions are held at Premier Fitness Club, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP (no gym membership required).